To implement various data centre solutions projects as part of the transformation of the facility into a preeminent carrier hotel.
151 Front Street West is a premier carrier hotel in downtown Toronto with 8 floors of occupied space. Urbacon was hired as the Construction Manager to provide an array of upgrades to the building including:
- Diesel-Fuel Tank Farm – construction of a storage area with space for 3,000 gallon
- Generators – Installation of 4 tenant owned, roof mounted generators (2@2500 kW and 2@1500 kW)
- Meet-Me-Rooms – Constructed two, 450 SF rooms, providing entry and connection to other tenants within the building. Supplied and installed all equipment, cable trays, relay racks and fibre tray conduit.
- Risers – Created 5 new risers which ran vertically through a ladder tray through the building. Diesel fuel riser connected the basement fuel to the roof top generators, providing critical power to the data rooms.
- Retained by many of the building’s tenants to perform fit-outs over the 3rd, 4th, 7th and 8th floors.
- Many of the upgrades took place while the building remained fully operational and occupied.