Site Superintendent (Construction)
We’re looking for a confident, dependable and professional communicator who enjoys working in a fast–paced environment to join us in the role of Site Superintendent (Construction).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervise and monitor day to day activities on site and report progress;
- Manage work on site to ensure compliance of construction with the drawings, specifications and safety regulations;
- Plan and implement schedules and ensure proper equipment and trades are available as required;
- Assist in overall construction management including design, budget, and schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, Owners, Engineers and Architects;
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties (team members, sub trades, consultants and clients) to monitor and support the projection of the project;
- Ensure that information is passed on to all trades so that they may carry out their work as it interfaces with the work of other trades;
- Ensure RFIs are communicating to parties involved and are dealt with in a timely manner so as not to impact scheduling;
- Maintain and keep detailed records such as daily reports, as-built drawings, labour logs, etc.).
- Advise Project Manager and senior management of potential problems, work interferences, and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems.
- Conduct quality control inspections
- A construction related degree/diploma;
- 5 to 10 years of ICI construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Maintaining a valid, Ontario class “G” driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for the purpose of performing duties.
The following qualifications are considered an asset:
- Canadian Construction Association Superintendent Gold Seal Certification;
- WHMIS, Fall Protection and First Aid Certified;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good understanding of the current Ontario Building Code;
- Understanding of scheduling, planning, time management and contract software;
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, dependable and professional team player who enjoys working in a fast–paced environment. Urbacon offers a comprehensive compensation package and a team-oriented environment.
Urbacon is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in Urbacon.
If you are seeking a dynamic career in an industry leading firm please email your resume in confidence, stating position of interest in the subject line, to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.