Junior Project Scheduler
We’re looking for a confident, dependable and professional communicator who enjoys working in a fast–paced environment to join us in the role of Junior Project Scheduler.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain construction short term and multi-year schedules
- Development and maintenance of project schedules in Primavera P6 including the preparation of Cash flow, manpower histogram, time impact analysis and S curve.
- Assist the monitoring, reviewing and analysis of the schedule and status during all phases of the project, including the analysis of any schedule deviations and corrective actions.
- Review and incorporate Supplier or Trade Contractor schedules.
- Develop Forecasting and Trending Analysis.
- Perform time impact analysis using P6.
- Maintain schedule forecast throughout the project life cycle by verifying schedules are properly updated and linked to the master schedule. This will include attending to site visits and meetings
- Follow approved code/division numbering
- Populate schedule with resource and cost information. Create planned value and earned value reports, cash flow by code/division, cash flow by commitment
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of schedules including trends and forecasting.
- Work with project managers and superintendents to evaluate construction progress and provide regular schedule updates.
- Create short-term schedules and monitoring these schedules to determine their impact on a master schedule.
- Identify warnings, problems or conflicts in the project schedule to mitigating the impact of these risks.
- Analyze and prepare monthly schedules and prepare report on progress of work and any problems that affect the planned schedule. Assist in the initiations of corrective measures.
- Responsible for the scheduling of inbound materials
- Monitor and report against key performance indicators (KPI) to be established
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidate must be capable of obtaining “Reliability Security Clearance” see https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/information-eng.html
- Must be proficient in using Primavera P6, P3 and Microsoft Project
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in ICI and design build construction is required;
- Construction related degree or diploma preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong ability to establish priorities and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to multitask while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to incorporate changes to schedule, cost and time.
- Excellent technical and mathematical abilities.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, dependable and professional team player who enjoys working in a fast–paced environment. Urbacon offers a comprehensive compensation package and a team-oriented environment.
Urbacon is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in Urbacon.
If you are seeking a dynamic career in an industry leading firm please email your resume in confidence, stating position of interest in the subject line, to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.