Urbacon is a privately owned, full-service construction and development firm. Since the company’s founding in 1984, Urbacon has earned a sterling reputation for its unrivaled knowledge and consistent ability to manage even the most ambitious projects successfully.
Reporting to the VP Operations, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing ICI contracts on multiple construction sites and oversee all construction activities on site;
- The CM should be experienced in multiple building trades including electrical, mechanical, architectural, civil and general construction.
- The CM will oversee day-to-day operations from pre-construction through the construction punch list.
- The CM will ensure that materials are delivered on time, and that the resources are properly allocated. The CM supervises all construction aspects of a construction and will typically participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Responsible for the overall success of the project, organizing activities through the design and implementation phases of the projects;
- Assist in the assembly of estimating construction duration, budget planning and control and resource requirements;
- Define construction scope and deliverables with other management;
- Create detailed construction plans using industry standard methodologies;
- Coordinate contractors, engineers, designer and architects with ease while maintaining excellent service to clients;
- Prepare tender packages, including scope of work for all trades;
- Tender analysis, and award contracts related to all aspects of the project;
- Manage change requests throughout the duration of the project;
- Oversee monthly variances reporting, forecasting, and asset management;
- Monitor and maintain schedule;
- Responsible for quality of construction meetings;
- Reports construction status to the rest of the department and management;
- Develop and maintain client relations in a professional and courteous manner;
- Comply with Urbacon’s health and safety regulations;
- Liaise and coordinate with site personnel.
Qualifications and skills required
- Construction Manager with – 5-7 years in related construction experience;
- Post-Secondary Education in: architecture, engineering or architectural technology or certification in Construction Management preferred;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Creative problem solving skills;
- Strong planning and organizational capabilities;
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to the construction team;
- Interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Must have excellent leadership, negotiation and mediation skills;
- Proven management abilities to lead a team of coordinators.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written skillset
The ideal candidate will be a confident, dependable and professional team player who enjoys working in a fast–paced environment. Urbacon offers a comprehensive compensation package and a team-oriented environment.
Urbacon is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in Urbacon.
If you are seeking a dynamic career in an industry leading firm please email your resume in confidence,stating position of interest in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.